Bringing the epic quest of hobbits, humans, and elves to a close, The Return of the King marked the end of a huge filming achievement. The final The Lord of the Rings film closed a long journey for actors, extras and film-workers from around Aotearoa New Zealand and the world.
- Three coins representing the memorable ‘Lighting of the Beacons’ scene
- The obverse of each coin acknowledges New Zealand as the home of Middle-earth
- Designed by New Zealand artist Sacha Lees
- Each coin is minted from 1oz of 0.999 silver
- Low worldwide mintage of 300
- Presented in an elegant display case with a certificate of authenticity.
Minted from 0.999 silver, this set of coins features the allied kingdoms of Gondor and Edoras, and the mountain-top beacons used to communicate a cry for help. Each coin includes a range of finishing techniques to depict the artwork’s fine details. The obverse features a portrait of King Charles III and ‘Middle-earth’ setting these coins apart from other New Zealand commemoratives.