This philatelic numismatic first day cover features one 50 cent circulating commemorative coin and one cancelled $3.60 stamp – both displaying the RNZRSA poppy.
- NZ Post will donate 50 cents from the sale of each stamp and coin pack directly to the RNZRSA
- Commemorates the end of the First World War
- Includes one 50c circulating commemorative coin
- Plus one $3.60 Armistice 1918-2018 stamp
- A great addition to any philatelic or numismatic collection
- A thoughtful gift of remembrance for a friend or family member.
The coin features the red poppy of the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services’ Association (RNZRSA) at its centre. The three silver ferns on the wreath surrounding the poppy represent the three services (Navy, Air Force and Army) within the New Zealand Defence Force. They also symbolise past, present and future. The unfolding koru pattern evokes new beginnings. One of a set of five, the stamp also centres around the RNZRSA poppy, over a stained-glass window design bordered by an archway of doves, koru and ferns symbolic of a peaceful future.
|Denomination:||Fifty New Zealand cents|
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||RNZRSA red poppy surrounded by a remembrance wreath with silver fern and koru elements|
|Designed by:||Dave Burke Design, Auckland, New Zealand|
|Mint:||Royal Canadian Mint|