Important notice: changes to credit card payment methods
Changes to Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards mean that we are no longer able to receive credit card data (credit card number, expiry date, security code and name) in written form. You may have previously used this method to pay for orders.
We have introduced new payment options that will make it easy to manage your account and balance. By making these changes, we have increased security around your credit card data and giving you more flexibility around how and when you pay for your collectables.
How will this affect me?
If you have previously chosen to pay for orders by sharing your credit card number with us via mail, email or on our mail order forms, you will need to use the new online payment options or phone us.
New ways to pay
There are three new options available:
- Vault your credit card via your account when you log into the NZ Post Collectables website. Once you have done this, future payments will be able to be processed with our payment acquirer.
- Top up your account with your chosen dollar amount. Payment for your purchases or standing orders will be taken from this balance.
- Pay for and release individual orders via the Collectables website. This option will be useful if you do not wish to vault your credit card or top up your account with a dollar amount, and will enable you to prioritise which orders you want to release first if several are awaiting payment.
Other payment methods
The following payment methods will remain unchanged:
Internet banking or direct credit
To make payments directly into our bank account, you can simply use your online banking or head into any branch of the Bank of New Zealand.
|Name of bank:||Bank of New Zealand|
|Name of account:||New Zealand Post Ltd|
|Reference:||Your customer account number|
|Particulars:||Your customer name|
Note: International money transfers using SWIFT codes will be subject to fees and charges imposed by overseas banks involved in the transaction. These fees vary depending on the fee policy of the overseas bank. Please check with your bank and include fees to ensure your payment is sufficient.
Cash or EFTPOS at NZ Post shops
Head into your local NZ Post shop to make a philatelic deposit. You can pay by cash or EFTPOS to top up your account. Just supply your account number at the counter to ensure your payments are processed promptly.
Online orders can still be paid for securely at checkout with your credit or debit card. This process remains unchanged. Ordering online via the NZ Post Collectables website is a secure and efficient way to purchase collectables.
Questions? Contact us:
- Within New Zealand: (06) 349 1234 or 0800 STAMPS (0800 782 677)
- Outside New Zealand:+64 6 349 1234