For many years, New Zealanders and Australians have paid their respects to the brave soldiers who lost their lives fighting for ‘Country, King and Empire’ on 25 April 1915. Anzac Day 2015 marks 100 years since this tragic event and we remember our Anzacs through this special Anzac commemorative circulating coin.
- Minted from 0.999 silver with selective colour
- The premium collectable in The Spirit of Anzac coin programme
- Each coin comes with an individually numbered certificate with more information about the
- Gallipoli campaign, written by New Zealand’s Governor-General, Lieutenant General The
- Right Honourable Sir Jerry Mateparae
- A detailed replica of the circulating 50c coin
- Worldwide mintage of 10,000
Designed by renowned artist Dave Burke, the coin design features a New Zealand soldier and an Australian soldier brought together by the hardships of Gallipoli. The soldiers stand back to back with their heads bowed in respect and remembrance. Incorporated in the background of the design are mangopare patterns (hammerhead shark), patterns traditionally associated with warriors and symbolising strength, determination and an unwillingness to back down. The silver ferns represent New Zealand’s national identity and appear on the war graves of fallen New Zealand soldiers around the world. This stunning 1oz silver proof coin is a more detailed replica of the circulating 50c coin.
|Finish:||Proof with selective colour|
|Weight:||1 troy oz|
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||New Zealand and Australian soldiers with mangopare and silver fern|
|Designed by:||David Burke, New Zealand|
|Worldwide mintage limit:||10,000|
|Mint:||Royal Austalian Mint|