The brown kiwi in its burrow is captured in stunning detail with this magnificent 5oz gold proof coin.
- Featuring a rare image of the brown kiwi in its burrow with two eggs
- Minted from 5oz of 0.9999 gold
- First ever NZ coin with a $150 denomination
- Extremely low worldwide mintage of 30 coins
- Detailed rendering of the kiwi and its eggs
- Presented in an elegant display case with a certificate of authenticity.
With only 30 of these outstanding 5oz gold proof coins available worldwide, this exceptional example of New Zealand commemorative currency will be the pride of your collection. Featuring a detailed image of a brown kiwi in its burrow with two eggs, the bird is surrounded by engraved illustrations of native foliage, with elegant mirror polishing on the lower half of the coin. The brown kiwi is the only species to regularly lay two eggs in a clutch. Minted from 0.9999 gold, this 65mm diameter coin offers a rare glimpse of a male kiwi with its eggs.
Check out the full range of gold coins here.
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||Brown kiwi in nest|
|Designed by:||Helcia Berryman, Grange Park Creative, Raumati South, New Zealand|
|Illustrated by:||Stephen Fuller, Wellington, New Zealand|
|Worldwide mintage limit:||30|
|Mint:||B.H. Mayer’s Kunstprägeanstalt GmbH|