While a number of coins will be available to order directly from the website, the intention is that every New Zealander will have the chance to find one of these special coins. To allow for this, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand has requested that New Zealand Post limit the number of coins available via the website to one roll of 20 coins or up to four 5-packs of coins per customer.
- Legal tender circulating coins
- New Zealand’s second colour-printed commemorative circulating coin
- Available in a pack of 5 x 50c coins
- A limit of 2,000,000 coins minted
- Coin features the RNZRSA poppy
- Circulating coin commemorating the centenary of Armistice Day
- Please note that as this coin is legal New Zealand tender and can only be shipped via courier within New Zealand. A standard courier charge will apply.
The coin features the red poppy of the Royal New Zealand Returned and Services’ Association at its centre. The three silver ferns on the wreath surrounding the poppy represent the three services (Navy, Air Force and Army) within the New Zealand Defence Force. They also symbolise past, present and future. The unfolding koru pattern evokes new beginnings.
|Denomination:||Five x fifty New Zealand cents|
|Obverse design:||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Ian Rank-Broadley, United Kingdom|
|Reverse design:||RNZRSA red poppy surrounded by a remembrance wreath with silver fern and koru elements|
|Designed by:||Dave Burke Design, Auckland, New Zealand|
|Worldwide mintage limit:||2,000,000|
|Mint:||Royal Canadian Mint|